Nov 14, 2007

We are rested at home without any appointments to go to the hospital today. Adrian got better last night and he's back to his routines. I still can't believe the surgery is going to take place in less than a week. This surgery is in addition to his protocol... (he wasn't supposed to have the surgery at this time). It is nothing less than the one he had on July 9th. In fact, the Paediatrics Surgical Team were unable to remove it (the tumors in liver) the last time, therefore we've tried our very best to contact the Hepatobiliary Surgery team to deal with it this time. We hope it's for the best of Adrian.... We hope it'd minimize any future re-occurrence of the disease though we know we will always live with the fear of a relapse (or possible death) even after Adrian is done with all the treatments!

1 comment:

Ruthia's mama said...

Dear Jennifer

I would like to share with you, in the past six months, except for the month of July that I just delivered my little Ruthia, I went to hospitals to visit my parent almost everyday. In May, my mother has been diagnosed and treated for cancer in the brain. She is still undergoing extensive therapy toward recovery even today. In July, my father was treated for cancer in the intestines, the operation was a great success. However, during the recovery he suffered a massive stroke. He had been in a coma for 1 month. Since his awakening in September, he has to learn how to move his body again. It is very tried; especially my health has yet been fully recovered. I really thanks my Lord to hold me tight so far. So, I understand it is not easy to go to hospital everyday and you also has to make a decision on behalf of your son, whether to take the surgery.

Also, because of my parent, I was introduced several Chinese doctors, if you need to have alternative in the future, feel free to let me know.