Mar 10, 2008

PBMT - Day 91

We returned to DK this morning for Adrian's visual & hearing assessment. It was the second part of the hearing assessment but unfortunately Adrian didn't get to finish the whole thing AGAIN and he got so inpatient! The reason being he had to sit still and hear different level of the frequencies. He was able to hold up for say 5 - 10 mins and after that he got so inpatient and wanted to move and leave. The technician tried giving him something to play just to make him stay, but he got so concentrated in playing that he basically ignored the sound which made it impossible to do the test. The result so far was OK given Adrian can definitely hear low to medium frequencies but not that good on high frequencies to a certain extent. The technician wasn't able to tell us what range of high frequencies Adrian can hear because that's the part Adrian didn't get tested on. Will confirm results with the upcoming BAEP later at QM. As far as the visual assessment goes, both his eyes have no prescription but his left eye has a slight astigmatic refractive error (.25). (The Optometrist mentioned kids his age usually have about +1.0 on distance vision.) Overall, Adrian did well with no major problems on his eyesight.

1 comment:

greta said...

Hi Mrs. Au,

I came across your son's website and since then I have been following your blog. Your son is adorable. And I admire both you and your husband's strength during this ordeal. I am also a mom whose child has been affected by neuroblastoma. Currently, I am trying to get my son to receive the 3F8 at MSKCC. I have been told that they have no available clinical trial slot available. I am unsure if they have short supply or so. I didn't think I would need to look for alternatives and ask other people for favor. But, right now I am a desperate mom. Can you kindly email me the contact person/doctor with their contact # and their email address at the facility where Adrian is receiving 3F8? I'd like to ask them a couple of questions. Thanks.

Greta
www.caringbridge.org/visit/ajnuckles