July 15 - 16, 2007

It's been a week past the surgery and everyone says Adrian is now at least a size smaller than before. He had resumed normal eating in the past two days and so he's finally off IV after the surgery. Baby is more predictable as his routine started to come back today. The surgeons came this morning to take a look at Adrian's incision and how the stitches looked. The nurses took off the dressing and I saw a longggg red line across his whole abdomen. Though the surgeons said the dressing is not required anymore but I insisted to put a new one back on. There's blood stain on baby's clothes without the dressing and it looked very fragile. I'm sure it's ok but I'm so afraid that it might crack.... despite the blood stain, the wound healed quite well as per the surgeons and so we are ok to transfer back to K8N tomorrow!!!!

Doctors from K8N came to look at Adrian today and I mentioned the newest characteristic of Adrian - the yellowish skin color. They attributed it to baby's diet of carrot & pumpkin (which is somehow true) as his blood results showed he's ok (e.g. liver function etc.). Well, baby just loves Pumpkin!!! I will have to substitute other veggies.... Upon our arrival at K8N tomorrow, Adrian will go for blood test and if all goes well, his 5th chemo can start as early as on Wednesday.

2 comments:

Ide Kaoru said...

Adrian's incision will fade in time. I had a surgery when I was in kindergarten, and now I couldn't even see the scar unless I really really look for it.

It's good to hear that Adrian loves certain veggies, that means he is gaining back his appetite! Hurray!

Anonymous said...

When I had my C-section the morphine caused terrible constipation too but after a week or so, I was much better. Veggies and lots of liquids will help.
Candice