April 26, 2007

Adrian was discharged from the hospital last Thursday, in exactly a week's time, he's back to the hospital again! His next appointment was supposed to be Friday tomorrow. He was so cranky last night which was awful... First, we noticed he's got quite a few bruises over his legs and arms and secondly, his gum bled. Those were signs of low platelet counts... So we decided to take him back to the hospital a day earlier than planned and found out his platelet was only at 7!! He also had high temperature which is quite common for kids with low counts. So, he ended up back to K8N for at least a week for the antibiotics. What's worse is his mouth sore (i.e. his mucoscitis has finally come!!) and so he didn't eat well. At the end of the day, he had platelet transfusion and morphine injection to release his mouth pain. Let's hope he can have a good night sleep tonight!

3 comments:

Ide Kaoru said...

I sure hope that Adrian will get better soon. I will double my efforts tonight when I pray the Hail Mary's for him. I feel so silly telling you about the geomacy things that you can do... but what else can we parents do when our kids are sick. We are not doctors, we don't know how to help them medically. Okay, I will ask the church to pray for him this Sunday, this should magnified the power of prayer many folds. (I've thought about going the Buddhist route too, but perhaps you guys are not too comfortable with it, seeing that you mentioned Adrian being born on a Good Friday, I take it that you are also Catholics or Christians?)

Rose Ann said...

Hi Jen,

I seem to be having a difficult time logging in every time. Adrian is really going through a rough time but he is a real trooper and will get better. We will continue to pray for him on this side but please let us know if you need anything and we really mean that. With all due respects to the chinese tradition, please don't drive yourself crazy changing names and dusting pictures, your plate is full enough as it is already. Just pray and really have faith in your prayers. Take care and keep in touch.

Ide Kaoru said...

Just to let you know that I've e-mailed the church and hopefully they will start including Adrian in the prayers for the sick for the weekend masses. For any of you who wish to attend, our parish is "The Church of the Good Shepherd" at 21 Simonston Blvd, Thornhill (one block north of Steeles, on Leslie).
I just want to say that I really feel Adrian is part of my life (even though I don't know you personally, and only started reading your blog not too long ago). But having miscarried 2 times within a half year time frame, I understand your feeling (even though my experience is minuscule compared to what you must be going through now), and will continue to keep your family in my prayers.