Feb 4, 2009

Adrian is due to go to QMH this afternoon for his post BMT vaccination. It's funny that Adrian seems to remember how he got "betrayed" by the nurse into the Treatment room for blood test last time. He needed to be held hands with Mama the whole time in the ward and didn't want to get near the treatment room at all. One of the staff there was trying to get him talking and as soon as she got close to Adrian, he burst into tears! Adrian got 2 shots this time, get rest the next month and the next vaccination is scheduled on April 1st.

2 comments:

Ide Kaoru said...

I thought the nurse handled it rather poorly last time. No matter how rushed they were, they should never give Adrian the immunizations without you present. I'm not just saying this in the emotional sense... if it was my girls, I'd like to make sure that no part of the needle was left in by accident. You know, needles do break and if the kid squirms, anything could happen. I'd like to know what could be the problem if my kids come home crying of pain long after the shot was given to them. So, Adrian was being smart to be afraid.

Unknown said...

It was MY fault indeed! The nurses had my authorization to take the blood test with Adrian in my absence. While I thought Adrian would cry regardless and so I rushed to the pharmacy to get the immunization drugs filled just to speed up the process. Never knew my little Adrian could be that "smart"!!!